Salary: £20,000 to £25,000/year DOE
Hours: 8.00am – 5.00pm.
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire
Experience: 2 year administrative and managerial experience desirable.
We are excited to announce we have an opportunity for an Office Manager to become an integral part of the Planterra group. The successful candidate will work alongside the Operations Director to ensure the smooth running of the office in its entirety and of one of the companies within the group – ProHort Ltd.
As you progress within your role and gain more knowledge you will have the opportunity to grow within the company. This opportunity will increase in line with the growth of the company – which will be directly influenced by you – making the potential for growth limitless for the right candidate.
- Efficient and well organised.
- Previous experience within a similar role.
- Previous experience working with ISO accreditations preferable, but not required.
- Strive for quality – working to a high standard, showing attention to detail, showing care and thought in all you do and holding others to that same standard.
- Comfortable with delegating tasks and monitoring the performance of others.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Have a positive attitude towards learning and developing new skills and abilities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Looking to improve processes that are in place with regards, efficiency aspects of the company.
- Previous experience creating company policies and being involved with the company strategic decision making process would be advantageous but not essential.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The main responsibility for the Office Manager role is overseeing and guiding the day to day operations of various departments within the office, including marketing, sales, operations, research and development. This includes all of the companies within the B2C and B2B groups. It is the role of the Office Manager to lead the office team to success and they must, therefore, have confidence in their leadership skills and have a people development focus.
The Office Manager will also be ‘hands on’ and be responsible for the running of the administrative processes of ProHort Ltd, acting as the main contact for the company’s clients, writing quotes, following up on enquiries and coordinating the completion and delivery of surveys and reports.
The role may also be required to focus on projects required to further the group, such as assisting the Directors with growth activities or implementing a major organisational change or expansion. The type of tasks involved in this area of work will change depending upon the requirements of the business.
Responsibilities within the role include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the coordination and management of the office staff in their day to day work;
- Overseeing, coordinating and actively working on administrative processes and tasks as well as acting as the customer’s point of contact for ProHort Ltd;
- Overseeing adhoc projects for various aspects of the group;
- Working closely with the HR department to hire, induct and train new members of staff;
- Working closely with the HR department to address training and development needs within the office;
- Working closely with the HR department to deliver staff appraisals;
- Establishing and monitoring performance goals, including annual KPIs, Quarterly Priorities, and the achievement of those goals;
- Assisting in the creation and solely creating new company systems and policies when required and implementing fully;
- Reviewing the existing company systems and policies within the company and amending, if required;
- Implementing business strategies and leading the office team towards achievement of these strategies;
- Reviewing the running efficiency of the office staff and implementing improvement measures;
- Performing quality control within the office;
- Reporting directly to the Operations Director all significant issues and accomplishments.
- Developing relationships with other staff members in order to discourage any queries being unnecessarily taken to the Directors and therefore freeing up the Directors time to concentrate on other matters.
This list is not exhaustive, and your responsibilities may change to suit the needs of the business.
Successful candidates will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Training, support and continued professional development
- Excellent financial package with additional incentives and bonuses,
- Team events/outings on a bi-annual basis.
If you are interested in the Office Manager position at Planterra Ltd, please submit your C.V. and application in writing, for the attention of Marianne Gibson to: email@example.com.