Gardening Jobs To Do In February
The sun is shining, birds are singing and it’s time for your garden to come back from the winter weather. Your garden needs some help getting back in shape, here at Blue Iris Landscapes we offer our clients a One-Off Gardening Service which can prepare your garden for spring.
Our Top Tips…
- Keep paths clear of moss, lichens and algae. This can be done by power washing or spraying with diluted Jays fluid.
- Prune your roses.
- Sow vegetables under cover, either in a heated greenhouse or on the kitchen windowsill. Depending on the temperature, you may be able to put them out next month under cold glass (non-heated cold frame or cloche).
- Plant parsnip seeds directly into the soil. Make sure though, that the soil is not frozen when you sow the seed.
- Prune autumn fruiting raspberries down to ground level.
- Trim winter-flowering heathers once they have finished flowering.
- All herbaceous plants should have been cut back by now so you don’t interfere with new growth when it comes.
As we are seeing signs of Spring, with the Snowdrops now appearing in gardens and other plants starting to appear, we know it is on its way. However, we may not feel like going out into the garden at this moment in time but starting to look at what needs to be done in the garden now can help your garden to produce well in the summer months. If you would like more information on gardening jobs in February then please get in touch by using one of the following: –
Free Phone: 0800 0937926
Head Office: 01782 396168