Gardening jobs to do in April:
The sun is shining, birds are singing and it’s time for your garden to come back from the winter weather. Your garden needs some help getting back in shape, here at Blue Iris Landscapes we offer our clients a One-Off Gardening Service which can prepare your garden for spring.
Our Top Tips:
- Hoe off weed seedlings to avoid weeds taking seed.
- Plant flowers like Nigella, Calendula and Poppies where you want them to plant.
- Take out tomato seedlings. They continue to grow because tomato seeds store well for use in subsequent years and are free from pests. It also works out cheaper than buying plants.
- When they reach 8 to 10cm high, beans and peas need supporting to produce their maximum yield. Wigwams are the best support system for peas and climbing beans.
- Control slugs and snails because these pests can cause a lot of damage to seedlings and soft young growth. There are various means of control you can use slug pellets which contain metaldehyde or ferric phosphate which is preferred by organic growers.
If you have any questions regarding your garden please contact us on: –
Free Phone: 0800 0937926
Head Office: 01782 396168